- This is 2016 and online dating is no longer something to frown upon. A study done by the University of Chicago has shown that a whopping 35% of recently married American couples have met online. As a matter of fact, couples that met online were more likely to stay together. We don’t have any figures with regards to Latter-Day Saints, but it seems that nowadays every ward has at least a few couples that met online.
There are a few ways in which we verify profiles. First, we read all profiles; second, we check all pictures; third, our own secret procedure; fourth, we keep watching.
- We read all profiles. As fellow members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it is usually quite easy for us to spot who is genuine and who is not (Mormon lingo is a peculiar thing). Non- Mormons, or people from other Christian denominations, tend to use very different wording.
- We are also aware that some people are not as vocal as others. So we don’t require an essay on your conversion story. However, if the profile has hardly any text, and is clearly not LDS or is too vague, then we do tend to remove it.
- We check all pictures manually. We not only look at the pictures, we also use special image recognition software to verify if the picture has not been borrowed from elsewhere on the web.
- Our own secret procedure. Suffice it to say that among other things we check our member’s IP addresses, we have certain IP addresses blocked, and we automatically check messages and profiles for inappropriate language.
- We have found that in 99% of the times this a browser issue. Try cleaning your browser cache and try again. A product that we like to use in order to clean or cache is called CCleaner. TrueLDS is no way affiliated with Pirirform or CCleaner.
- TrueLDS used to allow single Mormons to communicate free of charge. We unfortunately no longer have free messages, as a few people misused this feature for everyone else.
TrueLDS uses encrypted databases. Is monitored around the clock by Sitelock for any security breaches. We are SSL certified by Comodo secure.
When making a payment, TrueLDS will direct you to the site of our payment processor 2Checkout. This means that we do not hold any of your personal information, except for your e-mail address.
The password that you use to access TrueLDS is safely encrypted in our databases and is not visible to us. Nevertheless, never ever use the same password that you use for your e-mail account on other websites, whether that website is TrueLDS, Ebay, Amazon or even your LDS account!
No you do not. All you need is to be a single Latter-day Saint over the age of 18 and have a working e-mail account. Logging in on TrueLDS trough Facebook or Twitter is optional.
To send a message to another single Latter-day Saint, click on ‘send message’ a profile and windows opens from which you can send a message.
To reply to a message, go to my messages, click on the message title.
- TrueLDS automatically sends you an e-mail notification when you have received a new message (these notifications can be turned off). Do not reply to these messages, as it will not get to the sender. Please login to your TrueLDS account and reply from there.
Yes, non-Latter-day Saints members can join TrueLDS! We have a few investigators and others that are interested in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on TrueLDS. However if you have absolutely no affinity with in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then please look elsewhere.
Regardless of whether you are a Latter-Day saint or not we expect all of our members to maintain the standards as set forth by the church!
We from time to get messages from our members, stating that a certain non Latter-Day Saints should not be on TrueLDS. We cannot be any clearer about this than what President Dieter F. Uchtdorf has been; ‘’In truth, we “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” 3 We are all in need of mercy. In that last day when we are called to the judgment bar of God, do we not hope that our many imperfections will be forgiven? Do we not yearn to feel the Savior’s embrace? It seems only right and proper that we extend to others that which we so earnestly desire for ourselves. I am not suggesting that we accept sin or overlook evil, in our personal life or in the world. Nevertheless, in our zeal, we sometimes confuse sin with sinner, and we condemn too quickly and with too little compassion. We know from modern revelation that “the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.” We cannot gauge the worth of another soul any more than we can measure the span of the universe. Every person we meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father. Once we understand that, we can begin to understand how we should treat our fellowmen.’’( President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, You are My hands, Ensign May 2010)TrueLDS has a few ‘non-Latter-Day Saints’, most which are either investigators or are seriously interested in our faith. These people are equally welcome on TrueLDS as they are in a sacrament meeting. However, TrueLDS does not overlook evil, so please do report anything inappropriate that you come across.
We go through new / changed profiles on a daily basis and we purge profiles that do not meet our standards. This is usually because:
• There is no picture.
• The profile has no or very little text.
• The profile has not been in use for some time.
So please make sure to have a complete profile. Writing an essay is not necessary, but at least sentence or two would be nice. An incomplete online dating profile is as good as good as having none; you will get very few reactions. And if you just want to have a look at our LDS singles, you don’t even need a profile.
` The fact is that some members like to send one liners such as ‘Hey Hello’, ‘You seem nice’, ‘let’s chat’ or simply use the system’s default messages. This does not make these messages harassment; they are just trying to make that Initial contact. However, for better ways to send messages see our dating tips article.
It also happens that sometimes someone will receive a lot of messages from another member, just because the sending member really wants to get in contact with the person. If you perceive this as inappropriate, please block and / or report the member.
However, do not confront the member, just block and report. In most cases, the person is not a nuisance or a harasser, but a genuine single Mormon who perhaps did not come across the right way.
` You can upload up to 50 pictures to your TrueLDS profile. First Login to your profile, secondly click on ‘my pictures.’ Next click ‘create album’ (if you don’t already have an album). After clicking ‘Submit’ you can start uploading pictures to your online dating profile!
- ` We have unfortunately had to disable these features, as some members did not use these for their intended purposes. We might put these features back on TrueLDS at some future time.
` Don’t hide your lamp under bushel. Ask yourself: how complete and unique is my LDS dating profile?
Profiles with no text or with a description that is too general (it could be anyone) and with no pictures get almost no attention. So please have a look at our online dating profile tips on how to have success with online dating. Having a good online dating profile is not difficult all.
Please use the contact form to contact us. TrueLDS does not offer phone support, as we’ve found that e-mail enables us to provide the fastest and best response to your query.
All too often we get messages that we just cannot link to a profile or payment because the sender did not include basic information such as:
• Profile name.
• Email used to pay or register.
So, when contacting us, please include your TrueLDS username and please use the e-mail address that you have registered with on TrueLDS.
This means that the member is no longer part of TrueLDS. The user got cancelled because they requested this .
When a member cancels their online dating profile on TrueLDS, this also deletes all of their messages (both sent and received). The members’ online dating profile and all communication with other LDS singles get encrypted and shredded; there is no way that we can recover anything.
- TrueLDS is no longer offered in Spanish. We understand that not every Latter-day Saints’ first language is English, but we would like to encourage you to write in English. You could for example use Google translate or maybe ask an English-speaking missionary from your ward to help you. We do delete profiles that are not written in English!
- Can I have my profile set up so I can contact other LDS singles, but without appearing openly on TrueLDS (as in on search results, the home page etc)? No, this is not possible. The sole of purpose of TrueLDS is to bring single Latter-day Saints together in an all inclusive and open environment. We do not wish to create exclusiveness, by which some members can see you and contact you, but you can’t see contact them.
We do sometimes provide members with refunds, however this is always at our discretion.
Not having anyone mail you or not finding your prince (or princess) charming is never a reason for a refund!
We do not actively monitor how often you login to TrueLDS. Not making use of our LDS online dating site, whilst being a paying member is also not a reason for a refund.
Many other (LDS) online dating sites require you to pay even before you can do almost anything on their websites.
To browse TrueLDS you do not even need a profile. Many features are free of charge. So please have a good look around TrueLDS before you enter into a paying subscription.
You can cancel your TrueLDS online dating profile by sending an email to us, requesting cancellation. We cancel members manually as to better the quality of TrueLDS.
If you are a paying member you can also just cancel your payments, but still keep a free profile with all the benefits of a free profile.
We often get the question whether cancelled profiles can be revived. The answer is no, cancelled = cancelled. We do not archive your profile after it has been cancelled. It gets encrypted and shredded. Also, if you delete messages from your inbox, deleted = deleted.
TrueLDS is an online dating site for Mormons with lot of free features, but not all. A totally free online dating site lacks quality, both in features and in its members. There would, for example, be no way that we could verify our members as we do. TrueLDS would be full of people who cannot remotely be considered Latter-day Saints.
As a free member, you can:
• Create a profile with up to 50 pictures!
• Send message to other LDS singles.
• Send gifts.
As a paid member you can:
• Do all the above.
• Read your messages.
• See who has viewed your profile.
Prices start at less than a meal at your favourite fast food restaurant. Or the price of gasoline to a (young) single adult church activity......