- Manassas, Virginia, United States
- About Me:
(Correction: The TrueLDS website does not list Stafford VA as a choice -- but to be clear -- I live in Stafford not Manassas.)
I like to laugh and have fun. I want to travel to Europe again, see the pyramids in Egypt and perhaps travel to Hawaii, New Zealand and Australia some day.
I served my mission in northern England, studied political science at BYU, and today have three adult children -- all of whom graduated from BYU. The oldest went on to earn her graduate degree from the University of Manchester in England, the middle child earned her master’s from the University of Florida, and the youngest is now headed to Texas A&M to earn his master’s degree.
I have been involved in politics for 30 years -- having worked for two U.S. Senators, a governor, on the staff of two U.S. Senate Committees, and successfully managed a candidate’s race for the U.S. Congress. For the past ten years I have lobbied Congress, federal agencies and the White House on a variety of issues, including energy, education, prison reform, social issues, and more. In my spare time I serve on as member of my county’s cable t.v. oversight commission.
On the church front I have taught gospel doctrine, many youth Sunday School and priesthood classes. I have served as the ward clerk in two different bishoprics and also served as the Young Men’s president. I try to attend the temple once a month.
I was married for 31 years but though we are both faithful, she decided to move on without me. We recently divorced and now I find myself in the weird world of being single again.
- Who I'd Like to Meet:
I’d like to meet someone who loves to laugh and have fun. Physical attraction is of course important, but a fun personality goes a long way. When I get married again, I intend to do a lot of traveling to see Europe, Israel, Egypt, Tunisia, as well the Caribbean, New Zealand and Australia. I guess I’d like to meet someone who is interested in such adventures.
- How I feel about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
I know that this is the Lord’s church and though I am an imperfect man, I try to live the gospel as best I can. Under President Nelson’s recent changes, I have found myself contemplating more and more what it truly means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Temple Status:
- Temple Recommend
- Church Attendance:
- Body type:
- 5' 10"
- Light brown
- Caucasian (white)
- TV watching:
- Couch potato, Dramas, Movies, News junkie
- Classical, Classic Rock, Contemporary, Country/Western, Eighties, Heavy Metal, Pop / Top 40, Mormon tabernacle choir, Rock n Roll, Seventies, Sixties, Soft Rock, Soul/Rhythm and Blues
- Sense of humor:
- Friendly, Clever / Quick witted, Campy / Cheesy, Goofy
- Political Views:
- Church activities, Church / Community service, Computers / Internet, Dining, Family, Gaming, Health / Fitness, Listening to music, Movies, Photography, Playing sports, Reading, Religion, Theater, Television, Travel, Visiting the temple, Watching sports
- Home and family
- Marital status:
- Have kids:
- Yes - but not at home
- Want (more) kids:
- Living situation:
- Looking For:
- $100,000 to $149,999
- Professional life
- College grad
- Employment status:
- Politics / Government / Military